Wednesday, July 1, 2009

to papa

serenity borne on ur visage is as old as me
its coz is processing the person i be

the efforts u hav put in n out
will lose value if i talk about

dayz when i babbled on my way from school
n when as teenager i played the fool

u appreciated my less appreciable works,
in times of crisis they served as perks

loving ,caring n at times strict,
solving out mama's n my conflicts.

u guided me,n by me stud
n tried to un'stnd me as far as u cud

believing in my beliefs u helpd me grow.
even if my idea raised other's brow

discipline infused ,as part of upbringing
acted as support system by hinging

seemigly calm but lots to worry.....?
even then answering eaach of my query.

i wonder if as responsible as u i cud be!
as active to work with pain in the knee.

managing everything at our ease
so dat i stay happy n glee.

without expectation of any reward,
u made me the most proud ward.

9 comments:

  1. I think this one year has brought all of us much closer to our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wel said we al jst 4 got in four years n priority in life had taken a back seat bt nt to late to realise

    ReplyDelete
  3. good :) nice ones..looks like there is a budding poetess amongst us :)
    smita

    ReplyDelete
  4. dhanyawad smita bt is it really u , i doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This to inform to everybody dat after writing a poem on her papa , shachi is not given food and now she is helping herself for each and every household work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hanji smrati ji bahut pata hai apko sab k ghar men jhaakne takne ki adat nhi gayi apki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shachi, are you not used to hear your praise from me ?
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome poem yaar...i guess it fits evryone's papa

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ smita ur really got my point :-)
    @ tripti thanx yaar

    ReplyDelete